Are you looking for the best Cleveland roofing contractor? Most homeowners only do a few repairs and maybe one replacement in their lives. Chances are, if you find the right roofing company the first time, you probably won’t have to replace your roof again. Ideally, you’ll only work with this company once or twice. When you don’t have time to shop around, use these four tips to choose the right Cleveland roofing company for you.
1.Know your needs going in
Obviously, no Cleveland Roofing Contractor expects you to know all of the ins and outs of your roof before you call. But it’s still a good idea to gather all the basic information that you can. You will need to answer questions like: When was the roof last replaced? How many layers are on the current roof? When was the roof last inspected? In many cases the most recent inspection would be when the home last sold. If you have any other information about the damage or what kind of roof you have, put that together before you call. The better idea you can give them over the phone, the better they’ll be able to match you with a technician who can give you an estimate.
2. Insurance information is a must
If you have had storm damage, once you have a Cleveland roofing contractor out to inspect your damage, be sure to ask for their insurance information. Liability insurance covers damage to your property. They should also have worker’s compensation insurance. Accidents happen even to the most professional and careful of workers. When companies work without worker’s compensation or liability insurance, they’re taking a gamble that could entangle you if something goes wrong on your property.
3. Get some help with any fine print
After verifying insurance with the Cleveland roofing contractor, make sure to also get an estimate from them. You can even get estimates from several companies if you want to be sure that you’re being offered a competitive price. Once you’ve selected the Cleveland roofing company you most want to work with, have them draft a contract and walk you through it. Try to take note of areas where they summarize a lot or tend to skip a lot of text. Nothing is in a contract just for the sake of making it longer, so once you’ve gotten their version of it let them know that you’re going to sleep on it.
You should fully read every portion of the contract. Legal language can be boring, but if you find that it’s confusing or seems to contradict anything that the roofing company told you, contact someone with a little knowledge of the law. When you’re agreeing to a potentially, costly repair or replacement, it makes sense to invest a portion of that in making sure that your contract is fair and not full of convenient loopholes.
4. Review your entire experience with the company
At every stage of your interview process, consider how the company has treated you. Signs of good customer service are true no matter what company they come from. Were the technicians prompt, professional, and polite? Were your calls returned within a reasonable time frame? On the negative side, did any company caution you against other Cleveland roofers? Did they try to apply high pressure sales tactics? Were they upset that you wanted to review the contract privately? Take your customer service experience as a whole and let that guide you to your final decision.
These tips all focus on slowing you down and making sure that you’re not rushing into something you’ll regret. There are many Cleveland roofers out there; don’t let the urgent need to fix your roof sweep you into a bad contract and a poor result.
Those sneaky little Cleveland roof leaks!
Maintaining your Cleveland roof against those sneaky little leaks that can occur is an important part of protecting your home investment. Your roof will need to be replaced from time to time but doing maintenance like gutter cleaning, cleaning off the algae, and just a good old roof cleaning from time to time. If you don’t maintain your roof, here are some things that can result from that non-effort.
Fire Hazard– That sounds weird, water can cause fires? Most of your electrical wires are in the attic or the walls of your home and that where the water collects. It may make contact with a shorted wire and can cause a fire that will take the whole house down. Anytime that a leak has been recognized, have a handyman check out your wiring to make sure there are no potential issues.
Mold and Mildew– This is my worst enemy because I have extreme allergies to mold. If you have moisture, like a leak, or just high humidity, mold can be a problem. Mold can grow into the ventilation system and spread all through the house. This may cause respiratory issues like it does in me. Black mold is exceptionally dangerous and if you find it, you may want to have a professional clean that up for you.
Structural Damage– Just because you found the leak and patched it, doesn’t mean that the pesky rascal didn’t leave its damage behind. A leak generally doesn’t do its most damage where it originated. It follows a path let by the least resistance to find its way into your home. The moisture will soak into the framing of your home as well as the trusses, the joists and the attic rafters. If gone unchecked the water will rot the wood and cause the home to lose structural integrity. This will lead to some major safety and financial issues. The moisture can also attract termites which is another problem altogether.
Animals in your house– If water has formed a soft spot in your roof or even a small hole, animals can work their way into your home. Bats, raccoons, squirrels, mice, birds, and others can make your roof their home. They generally make the hole larger and allow an even larger hole for a bigger leak. If you suspect animals in your attic, have them removed before you patch the leak or they will find a way out that might be worse than the way in.
If you spot a leak in your house, track it right away. If it happened once, it will happen again and may have happened before and you just didn’t notice it. Call a professional roofer that has plenty of experience in tracking leaks.
Henry Scudder owns and operates BestClevelandRoofing.com and can be reached at 1-866-596-1620.
For a great roofer in Louisville, Ky visit BestLouisvilleRoofer.com
Doing it Right- Commercial Roofing
In the past 20 years, the commercial roofing market has enjoyed new advancements in the materials and applications of commercial roofs. Because of the high costs of commercial roofs, Best Cleveland Roofing offers three Cleveland commercial roofing opportunities.
1) Cleveland Commercial Roof Repair– If you need a temporary solution to a roofing problem because of an immediate issue, we can repair a leak or a visual issue. Services include a temporary repair such as caulking and minor resurfacing. The majority of leaks occur around the flashing. This where the roof takes a change of direction due to air conditioner units, skylights, vents, and walls, and flashing is used to redirect the water.
If your roof is still in good condition and has many years left on it, Best Cleveland Roofing can be an immediate solution to a leaking roof without a major interruption in your business.
2) Cleveland Commercial Roof Rejuvenation– A roof restoration may significantly extend the life of your Cleveland commercial roof. Our commercial roofing experts are trained to recognize when a refurbish is appropriate before a replacement is necessary. This can save you a lot of money if the life of the commercial roof can be extended.
3) Cleveland Commercial Roof Replacement-If a commercial roof cannot be rejuvenated or repaired, then a roof replacement is the last resort. A new roof on a commercial property is a long-term solution and could provide trouble-free roofing solutions for 20 years or more. Cleveland Best Roofing has a large variety of roofing solutions that will fit your goals and budget.
A roof protects everything it stands over so make sure that you are covering your investments from the top down.
- Call today for a detailed quote on your Cleveland Commercial Roofing solution.
Doing it right– Residential
Best Cleveland Roofing understands how important a roof is to a house. It protects everything below it! Roofs protect floors, furniture, pictures, foundations, and even the turf on your lawn. We therefore strive to provide unmatched integrity, highest, quality, and the best customer service to our clients. Here is why our customers continue to use us year after year:
- Our top notch best practices and products provide you with the best possible quality available on the market today.
- Our project flow procedure will ensure your satisfaction upon completion, guaranteed!
- The products we install will be unmatched in quality and fully warrantied.
- Our standards will ensure the local city code requirements to provide a worry free roof for years to come.
- We and our product manufacturers stand behind our installations with strong warranties and proven customer service.
- At Best Cleveland Roofing, our high performance roofing system includes more than just shingles, which is why we advocate the installation of a complete roofing system. It is supported by a number of components such as insulation, ice and water shield, sufficient ventilation and proper installation.
- Our teams of Cleveland roofers are highly skilled, well trained, and internally monitored to ensure our clients receive the best possible Cleveland roof.
Call us today at Best Cleveland Roofers for a free quote.